Citizens coming from certain countries are allowed entry and stay in Vietnam in a limited time without having to apply for a Vietnam visa. These are citizens from countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam.
If you are going to enter Vietnam visa exemption, eligible travellers need to ensure:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the day you enter Vietnam.
- Your passport have at least two blank pages.
Country list for visa-free entry
Since 2023, individuals from 25 countries are permitted to travel to Vietnam without needing to pursue a visa application. All that is needed for entry into Vietnam is a valid passport with at least two blank pages for stamping. The complete list of countries eligible for visa-free entry can be found below. Nevertheless, if your country is not included on the list, then you’ll be required to obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam.
|Country||Maximum stay||Passport Required|
|South Korea||45 days||Yes|
|United Kingdom||45 days||Yes|
The visa exemption table above (updated on 09/09/2023) is only for reference as some information may not be the most up-to-date. Please contact us or the Vietnam embassy in your country before exiting.
- Foreigners or Vietnamese hold foreign passports may enter, reside, and exit from Phu Quoc Island are exempt from Vietnam visa within 30 days.
- Those who have APEC Business Travel Cards (ABTC) with valid passports are exempted from entry visas and can stay in Vietnam within 60 days.
- Overseas Vietnamese, husband, wife, children of overseas Vietnamese or Vietnamese residing in Vietnam are exempted from visa within 5 years.
Frequently asked questions
Vietnam visa exemption for British comes to Vietnam 2 times within 30 days?
Q: I am British. I will enter Vietnam twice in 30 days. The first time I come to Vietnam, I will be exempted from the Vietnam visa. So am I exempted from a Vietnam visa for the second time?
A: Yes. After August 15, British passport holders are exempted from visa for 45 days.
Conditions for Vietnam visa exemption?
If you come from countries which are exempted from Vietnam visa (except for 5-year visa exemption), you need to ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 month and has two blank pages. After that, you just bring your passport to the Vietnam border checkpoint.