How to apply Vietnam visa extension in Ho Chi Minh City?

Question: I am traveling in Vietnam for about 4 weeks but my visa is about to expire in the next 2 weeks. Can I extend my visa at the Immigration Department in Ho Chi Minh City because I do not want to leave Vietnam?

Answer: At the present time, travelers cannot apply for an extension directly at the Immigration Department but need to go through a travel agency licensed to provide visa services in Vietnam.
First, you need to check your visa status to see if you can apply for an extension. Please send a copy of your passport, including your profile page and your current visa stamp, to email: [email protected]. We will then respond to you with specific steps for renewal.