I want to apply for a 5-year visa exemption, but what if my foreign passport is valid for less than 5 years old?

In this case, you should apply for a passport before you can apply for a visa exemption. If you still use this passport to apply for a visa, you may still be granted a visa exemption but the validity of this will be shorter than the duration of the passport 6 months.