Are Filipino citizens exempted from visa?
The table below gives information about whether a Filipino citizen needs a visa to enter Vietnam or not:
|Visa type||21 days in Maximum||More than 21 days|
|Tourism Visa||Visa exempt||Visa required|
|Business Visa||Visa exempt||Visa required|
Therefore, the table above shows that citizens of Philippines do NOT need to apply for a Vietnam visa if they want to stay for 21 days in maximum and must meet the following conditions:
- Passport has 6 months validity (at least) since your entry date
- Passport has 02 blank pages in minimum.
- This Filipino citizen must not enter Vietnam before under the visa exemption category, or if have, the time of entry must be at least 30 days before the time of exit under the visa exemption status.
Note: If you want to return to Vietnam within 30 days from your previous exit, you MUST apply for a visa
How to get a Vietnam visa from Philippines?
Filipino passport holders can apply for a Vietnamese visa in 02 following ways:
1- Getting Visa at Embassy
You can contact directly to Vietnam Embassy in Philippines (if you are living in Philippines), or in a nation that you are settling in.
To obtain Vietnam Visa, you must prepare required documents:
- Your original passport has at least 6-months validity
- One application form is filled in with your correct information, along with 02 passport photos
- Visa fee. Please note that the cost depends on the length and purpose of the trip. The more important thing is all visa application fees at the Embassy are non-refundable
- If you send your application form by mail or post office, please provide your correct address that you want to return your passport and visa. All documents should be placed in one package
2- Getting Visa On Arrival (highly recommended)
To all Filipino citizens who travel to Vietnam by plane, Visa on Arrival is the most convenient way to get Vietnam visa (you can get visa right at the airport)
To obtain this VOA visa, you just need to follow these 3 simple steps:
- Apply online visa application form
Finish online visa application form with basic information such as full name, passport number, passport expiry date, date of birth, date of entry and exit, then pay the service fee
- Receive Visa Approval Letter
You will receive Visa Approval Letter within 4-7 days (for tourism visa) or 7 days (for business visa), or even faster with emergency visa service.
- Stick Visa Stamp when you arrive at Vietnam Airport
Visa fee for Filipino citizens:
This table below is total entry visa cost:
Visa Tourist Fee:
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||50 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||60 USD||50 USD|
The mentioned service fees above are applied to normal processing time which is 4-7 business days. If you want to use emergency visa service, please contact us.